Thursday, February 7, 2008

He's out?

So Romney decided to "suspend" his campaign for president. This is really, REALLY shocking to me. He had said he was in for the long haul... but I guess he's said a lot of things. I just never expected that to be one of the things he backed out on. 

One interesting aspect: he SUSPENDED his campaign, he didn't officially drop out. He's holding on to his delegates as of right now. And he has not come out and endorsed anybody. Is he hoping for an upset at the convention? Who knows? 

He said that he disagrees with McCain on many things, but that John McCain is strong on national defense... he supports the war. And that's something they agree on. Romney says he's concerned that a drawn out primary will lead to a less than adequate national campaign and a potential loss to the Democrats (which just wouldn't do). And in light of that, he's backing out. 

Where does this leave us? With McCain? I guess we were probably going to be saddled with the guy anyway... and where does Huckabee come in? It's funny, because all the talk shows seem to ignore him. The news outlets ignore him. He's kind of mentioned occasionally as an afterthought... "Oh, yeah... and Huckabee, too." But how will Mitt's leaving shake things up? Will Huckabee take anything from it? Oh, the suspense!! 

It's almost like when you really get into a television show... and they pull you into the story and then - take a three week break from airing the show. What?! Are you kidding? You're going to just leave me hanging here? Maybe this is God's way of teaching me patience... I guess he has to work on us in the avenues available. Politics and television... hmmm, I don't think I'm leaving anyone with a pretty picture of my life!

Ah, well... anyway. It's another interesting development - the plot thickens. Can't wait to see what tomorrow will bring!

No comments: